A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Know What Sucks More Than Being Sick?

Coming back to running after being sick. I have been off several days with an upper respiratory infection, which also included a lovely little set of migraines. I usually get a really bad infection about once a year, but it's usually in the spring and not in the beginning stages of marathon training.
Oh, well. It's over and done and nothing left to do now but claw my way back.

So tonight I ran 2 hard-fought miles in 35 minutes. I took my inhaler with me (just in case) and stayed close to home (also just in case). As much as it sucked fighting for breathe and energy, it was worth it. I can already feel my body making adjustments and pushing some of this junk out of my system. I am hoping that tomorrow is a much better pace and feels more along the lines of where I was before I got sick. I am officially signed up for the Route 66 Half Marathon and I have some training to do. Wish me luck!

Peace, Love, and Kicks on Route 66

No comments:

Post a Comment