A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Case of the Melting Mexican

The last week has been extremely intense heat in the Great State of Oklahoma and beyond. I was okay with a little heat and then it got hotter...and hotter....and hotter still. I went from sweating to melting in the matter of a few days. I began to wonder, "What in the world is going on? Who severely pissed off Mother Nature?" I have been "Nancy Drew"ing it for the last couple of day and have come up with nada. All I know is that whoever did it needs to apologize ASAP, because it's seriously cramping my running style.

June 28th 104°F
June 29th 106°F
June 30th 106°F
June31st 109°F
August 1st 110°F (though news said 113)
August 2nd 110°F (thought news said 115)


Since it doesn't look like it's going to let up anytime soon, all I can do is continue to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! I have a BIG cup at my desk that I just refill constantly through out the day. The first couple of days I drank so much I spent more time in the bathroom than the pregnant lady in my office, but it's all evened out and I am still chugging away.

So everyone stay safe, stay cool, and water is good for your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment