A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bad Foot Juju

I don't know if it is the Irish curse or just overall bad foot juju, but I seem to have a jinx when it comes to Lake Hefner. Every St. Paddy's Day Race I have the same foot isssue and it doesn't happen anywhere else. I have ran a few other races there and some training runs have been there and I have sort of the same problem bu. t not like SPD. My entire right foot goes numb. Do you know how hard it is to run with a dead foot?! I'm surprised that I don't go a tumblin' down. I came close a few times, but managed to catch myself in time.

 It is such fun race though. they have lots of great activities. My work is a big sponsor so I know everyone there. And the costumes are great and getting better every year. My time sucked but I got to hang out with Aubs and my kiddos surprised me. My little girl got to cross the finish line with me this year. So that alone was worth the pain and numbness. This year my litle boy ran his own race and got a medal, a tee, and a picture. We are soooo proud of him.  So going home to ice my foot, snuggle with my Leprechauns,  and spend a great day with my family. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment