A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Post Race Day 1

It's starting to sink in that I finished my first 1/2 marathon yesterday. I would do a little celebration dance if I didn't feel like I had just been hit by a truck. My entire body hurts. My fingers hurt from being so cold and curled up for so long. My knees hurts because they are old. My butt hurts from running up all the freaking hills that I didn't know existed on that course. My back hurts from running hunched over, trying to block the rain. But as much as my knees, calves, shoulders, and back hurts, nothing hurts as bad as the ginormo blisters that I have on the bottom of my feet. My feet were sooooooo pruny that now that they have dried out, they are blistered. But then I look at my pretty medal and my signs that my family made and  I stop whining and smile. At least until I have to move again. : ) I am walking around as much as possible today, trying to work it out. I have done hot patches and ice. I have done stretches. But I am taking it easy for a day or two before I try to run again. Even then it will be little miles for a while. As soon as I get full feeling back in my legs, I will do that celebration dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment