A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Monday, May 30, 2011

$#%@%#^$&%*^(*(&)(*&^$#%@$^%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 3 and 4 of the B.A. Challenge have come and gone. Day 3 was lunges. My pick and a silly, silly pick it was. We both totally wussed, I mean, maxed out at low numbers. A had 10 reps and I skated by with 20. So even though technically the victor went to me, I didn't really earn it. However, in our defense, A brought up the brilliant nugget of truth that we shouldn't have done lunges the day after the ab thingys. Killer. Day 4 was A's pick and she chose shoulder press. I totally won this one, not just in reps but because I used my kids as weights. : ) Bonus points. We made it a family affair. A did very well and is giving me quite the run for my money. Day 5 is my pick. Ab crunches and I'm already regretting it.

As for my running, I'm a little behind on my miles. I did something in yoga the other day and my hammy and my calf haven't felt right since, so I have been doing really low miles.  I am finally feeling normal and am starting back to longer miles tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Further, sidenote: Since today is Memorial Day and I have had the privilege of knowing so many servicemen and women (family & friends), I am asking that everyone take a moment and thank a veteran. Thank them for the selfless sacrifices that they and their families have made. Thank you!

Even Further sidenote: I issued a challenge to my readers that if we could hit 1000viewers, the first to comment would get a surprise. Well, we have surpassed 1000 viewers and the winners will be receiving their prize in the mail soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment