A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

...1...

Tomorrow. Really only hours away. 8 hours, really. And I am terrified! What if I don't finish? What if I puke? What if I pass out? What if I puke AND don't finish?! What if I puke, pass out, AND don't finish?! I am still shooting for 3.5 hours. The course is traffic controlled for 6.5, so if I land somewhere in between that, I'm golden. I have all my gear laid out and ready. Layers will be important tomorrow seeing as it will be cold and rainy. Yippee!  So I decided to go with my favorite wicking tee underneath my purple jersey. That way if my jersey rubs funny or rides up I got a back up. But as I was prepping all my gear, I noticed something was missing. The whole reason that I started this wonderfully tortuous journey in the first place. So now thanks to a sharpie and purple duck tape, my jersey now reads in big, bold black letters: For Jamison. I started this journey for him, to honor him. Now I'm finishing it for him and for me. So with an angel on my shoulder and FINISH on my arm and in my heart,  I will complete my first half marathon. Now if I could just sleep.

In Memory of Jamison Watters


No comments:

Post a Comment