A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Getting My Head In The Game


I'm struggling this training season to get my head in the game. I'm used to starting over. I'm used to pushing through pain. I'm used to it not being easy. But this season has been inconsistent and discouraging. I was managing my weekday runs really well until I had to do 5 miles on the "dreadmill".  My consistency began to slip and I have not managed to pull it back in. With my hubby home on the weekends, I have been able to go out to do my long runs. My new freedom came with a price, horrific shin splints. I was so bad that I stopped wearing heels and went to the doctor. His answer was take some time off, which really helped with my inconsistency. So I ... 
tried acupuncture. It helped, but the pain came back as soon as I ran a distance longer than 4 miles. So I... 
tried KT tape. This has helped the most. I kinda wanna wrap my whole body in this tape. The soreness came back as soon as I took the tape off. I even...
Went to the spa and did a leg massage with hot stones. Felt amazing, but short-lived. 
I am staying with the KT tape for now and doing my best to get my head on straight as well. Fortunately, I have friends who force me to.
My friend, S, invited me out for a group run when I really needed some motivation. It was a great run, very hilly and challenging. I managed to shave over a minute off of my average per mile. I felt it the next day and the next day... And the next day. 😀 I'm trying. I really am. I just gotta get my stuff together and do it. So until then...
Peace, love, and KT tape! 


No comments:

Post a Comment