A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

If The Shoe Fits

I love buying new shoes, like LOVE buying new shoes. It doesn't matter what kind. Flats, flip flops, heels, wedges, mules, boots, black shoes, blue shoes, red shoes, purple shoes, shoes for dancing, shoes for swimming, and especially shoes for running. I really want to buy some of those obnoxiously colored running shoes, but my favorite Aussie and I believe that you should have a certain level of ability to pull those shoes off.  I just don't have that ability...yet. : ) So until then I will settle for my semi-obnoxiously colored shoes.

As much as I love buying new shoes, I HATE breaking them in. It's usually two weeks of knee-crackling, ankle-creaking, blistering hell, especially with those aforementioned running shoes. But running shoes only have so many miles in each pair and my most recent pair has long exceeded their mileage. I bought new shoes a while back and have been so dreading that I am only now breaking them in and only because I am forced to.  I am rotating between the new and the old until the new ones are broken in and then the old ones are going to retire. At least until the next Dirty 30.

So my miles this morning may have sounded like a bowl of Rice Krispies right after you add the milk, but at least I look cute in my new shoes. : )

Peace, Love, and NuSkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment