A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Sunday, June 13, 2010




Okay, so last week I issued a challenge to everyone. If I could raise $200 in donations by Friday June 11th, then I would run my weekly miles in a grass skirt and coconut bra. Well, we fell short of our goal (hence the absence of the coconut bra), but I got enough donations that I thought that I should keep at least part of the bet. So I ran my Saturday miles in a grass skirt. Surprisingly not a lot of people commented on the skirt. So either it looked very natural and a lot of runners run in grass skirts that I didn't know about, or people just automatically think I'm nuts and not worth commenting on. Oh, well. Thank you to all that donated! Remember that we are making a difference. And if I gotta do some weird stuff to make it happen then so be it. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment