A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

5 Miles!!!!

5 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did 5 miles on Saturday! 5 whole flippin' miles!!! 5 hot, sweaty, stinky miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did 5 miiiiiiles. UH! I did 5 miiiiiiiles. UH! I... DID... 5... MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 gut-wrenching, nearly vomit-iducing, side-splitting miles!!! In your face 5 miles!!! And I felt good afterward. At no point during the 5 miles did I stumble, or rest, or army crawl. I felt great. I wasn't really winded or tired. It was wonderful. And then.....


I went home and celebrated my victory with a 2 hour nap and ice packs on both ankles and one of my knees. But I still did 5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment