A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

What do I do now?!!!

If you are a runner, you have tons of running gear. You probably have shorts, pants, capris, compression pants, dri-fit, tight-fit,long-sleeve, sleeveless, vests, socks, headbands, hats... This list could go on forever. But no matter how much you own, you always have your absolute favorite pieces. The ones that you would rather dig out of the laundry and wear dirty than wear those perfectly clean ones over there. The ones who have been seen you at your worst and have been there for the best. They are comfortable and comforting, like a dear friend who just happens to soak up your crotch sweat so you don't chafe. Well, tonight I say goodbye to my dear friend, my tight-fit capris.


They have been with me through the thick and the thin, and apparently, the very thin. We shared one last moment together as they hugged me snuggly when I bent over to pick up my shoes and then, just like Rose, they let me go even though they swore they never would. Sad thing is, for one brief moment, I seriously try to convince myself that crotchless, assless running capris were the new craze. The husband found me sobbing in the bedroom floor, frantically trying to sew them up.  He has since pried them from my hands and disposed of them in an undisclosed location where they may rest in peace.

Good-bye old friend. We've been dirty together. We've gotten sweaty together. You know me intimately, unlike anyone else ever has. You will not be forgotten.  A sappy montage of happier times is playing in my head and in my heart. 



RIP (literally)
2010 -2012


No comments:

Post a Comment