A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Austin or Bust!

I am doing my first race of the year and I am soooooo  excited. I'm already waaaaayyyyy behind schedule, but this trip is going to be Legend....wait for it.... dary! Me and my drill sargeants/accomplices are heading down to Austin to race in the Livestrong Half and 5K. I am doing the 5k for many reasons, the most obvious being that I am not prepared for a half and you should never do a race unprepare. But I will work my way back. So until then I have to reside myself to the fact that I am only doing 5k. I will be nice to watch and cheer K and A across the finish line. They are both faster than me, so this will be the first time that I get to see them cross. I have made a killer playlist to celebrate.

Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO
First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
Mercy - Duffy
Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics
Cosmic Love - Florence + the Machine
Gone Tomorrow - The Gossip
The Beat Goes On - Beady Eye
Lose Control (Featuring Ciara & Fat Man Scoop) - Missy Elliott
I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
Take Off Your Shirt - Bibio
Firestarter - The Prodigy
Get Up and Go Out -Señor Happy
Leaving On the 5th - Voxhaul Broadcast
Excuse Me Mr. - No Doubt
Cherry Bomb - The Runaways
Born Alone - Wilco
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Bang a Gong (Get It On) -T. Rex
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Tik Tok - Ke$ha
Faith - George Michael
Keep Your Head Up - Andy Grammer
Black or White - Michael Jackson
Fluorescent Adolescent -Arctic Monkeys
Jellylegs - Children Collide Triple
Firework - Katy Perry

This will probably be one of the last races I do with K until we do a full in Dublin in a few years. So it is a little bittersweet for me. But I'll still have A!
Playlist: check, ProteinBars: check, good running bra: check, two great friends: check
Driving all the way to Austin, Texas to pay someone to let us run in the street: Priceless, freaking crazy, but priceless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment