A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Setback City

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been a week of frustration. I have been busting my bodonkadonk with my fundraising. We had two bake sales and a garage sale in three weeks. And we would have had a car wash too. But my sister got sick and we had to reschedule. But no matter how many functions we have, it feels like we are just chipping away at the goal and it's getting a little frustrating. But more frustrating is my training. I have went to visit a little town known as Setback City.  I didn't hit all my miles this past week. I just didn't have time. It was either run or bake. So I baked! Then my run yesterday was terrible. It was hot and hot and well, hot. I was drenched and burned and hot and I'm pretty sure that I now have a stress fracture in my right foot. What fun! And to top it all off, it was revenge of the RTs. That's right, the POJ was not just a shrine but a valuable piece of training equipment yesterday. Unfortunately, I was not the only one that had the RTs. And some people should be ashamed of themselves. Do you have any idea how hard it is to poop standing up and not get it everywhere? But I manage to do it, why can't everyone else? Dirty runners. So I did what any good athlete in training would do, I left after my run, went to my friends' K&M's place and laid out by the pool or as K would say I sunbaked. It was fabulous and very hot. So maybe training will be better next week. Here's to hoping there are no more trips to Setback City.

No comments:

Post a Comment