A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Okay, so last week was a week full of poopoo, but I made it through. It was a hard week with a bunch of different stuff going on. And I'm not going to lie, it was REALLY hard to stay motivated and get all my miles in. There were a few days when I just didn't think that I had it in me, but I did it!! Saturday was a 4mile day, my first. And the idea that I will one day soon be running over 3x that distance is well..... terrifying. I want to throw up just thinking about it! But you know I didn't think that I would be able to do 4 miles, and I did. So 13.1 miles, here I come! Though I seriously am thinking about painting my face blue, donning a kilt, and screaming "FREEDOM!!!" the first 12 mile day that I do. Whatever gets you motivated right. : ) What's not getting me motivated right now is the scale. Fat should be melting off of me like an ice sculpture in Hades, but I have managed to gain 3 freakin' pounds!!! I'll admit that my pants fit better and I have more energy, but could the scale have just a little mercy on me? Please? Pretty please?

1 comment:

  1. Cyndi, you are hilarious. Good luck. If anyone can do it, you can. Amy J.

    ReplyDelete