A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Food-Nazi

So one of our coaches advised us to start trying new energy food, drinks, and supplements, so that we can figure out what works for us before the big race day. So I went to the store and found an entire wall filled with yummies. I picked this one and that one, mixed it up a little, to see what I liked. So far there have been a few good ones and some really bad ones. An oatmeal one was da bomb. It tasted just like an oatmeal cookie. I could definitely be okay eating that. But I came across one that tasted like crap dipped in chocolate. Blah!!!! Check that one right off the list. Why can’t they make energy bars that taste like birthday cake or banana cream pie or strawberry cheesecake. I am more likely to eat those instead of a chocolate covered crap bar.

Believe it or not, I do eat pretty well. Lots of lean meat, lots of fresh veggies and fruit and I love me some rice cakes. I drink tons of water and try to limit my sweets. I do love CARBS, but now that I am running, I can have carbs. Yippee!! I eat even better now that I am really trying to watch what I eat. But the real kicker for me is that I sit next to the food-nazi at work (yes, you S!). I have my weaknesses (Dr. Pepper is my life’s blood in the mornings), but I generally do pretty well. Yet it seems now that people know that I am training, they think that they are entitled to have an opinion about what I eat or drink. Advice and suggestions are welcome, solicited even. But all snarky comments about how much I’m eating, what I’m eating, or if I should really even be eating that, will be met with a chocolate covered crap bar being thrown at your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment