A blog about my journey of training to run a 1/2 marathon with Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and beyond.

Friday, November 16, 2012

66 Songs for Route 66


I feel like I'm running behind about a week in my life lately. There just don't seem to be enough hours in a day. I don't know if it's because the time change has thrown off my mojo. (It gets dark at 6:30
pm! What's that about?!) Or it's the upcoming holidays and birthdays that I have this time of year. Or if it's because work is unexplainably CRAZY this time of year. Perhaps it's a combination of all of the above.

But I took a time out tonight. I needed to pack up my gear for the race this weekend. While packing, I decided I have been training sooooo hard that I have completely worn out the my playlists. I need some freshness for this race. So I sat down and built a new playlist. There are some oldies, some newbies, and all goodies. I wish that I could take credit for 66 songs that I ended up with, but it just sort of happened (which in Cyndiland means that it is kismet). Now as usual I do not intend to use all of the songs. There is about 4 hours worth of music in this list. I am aiming to finish the race in 3:30 or less. But there is always a song or two that sounds good at home but just doesn't fit the moment. So I always bring extra. :)
  1. All My Life - Foo Fighters 
  2. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen 
  3. B.O.B. - OutKast 
  4. Ho Hey - The Lumineers 
  5. Bang a Gong (Get It On) - T. Rex 
  6. Champion - The Chevin 
  7. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson 
  8. A-Punk -Vampire Weekend 
  9. Clocks - Coldplay 
  10. Firestarter - The Prodigy 
  11. 18 Wheeler - P!nk 
  12. We Come Running - Youngblood Hawke 
  13. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey 
  14. Cherry Bomb - The Runaways 
  15. Beverly Hills - Weezer 
  16. Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin 
  17. Everybody Talks - Neon Trees 
  18. Mercy - Duffy 
  19. Excuse Me Mr. -No Doubt 
  20. Black or White - Michael Jackson 
  21. Fighter - Christina Aguilera 
  22. Bad Reputation - Joan Jett 
  23. Firework - Katy Perry 
  24. Born Alone - Wilco Born
  25. Fluorescent Adolescent 2- Arctic Monkeys 
  26. Give a Little - Hanson 
  27. Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine 
  28. The Kids Aren't Alright - The Offspring 
  29. Gunpowder & Lead - Miranda Lambert 
  30. I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons 
  31. The Longer I Run -Peter Bradley Adams 
  32. Hash Pipe - Weezer 
  33. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)- Eurythmics 
  34. Without You (feat. Usher) - David Guetta & Usher 
  35. Hey Now Now - The Cloud Room 
  36. Sleeping Aides & Razorblades - The Exploding Hearts 
  37. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas 
  38. Gold On the Ceiling - The Black Keys 
  39. O.P.P. - Naughty By Nature 
  40. Seven Nation Army -The White Stripes 
  41. Lonely Boy -The Black Keys 
  42. You Can't Hurry Love - Phil Collins 
  43. Run Riot - Def Leppard 
  44. My Body - Young the Giant 
  45. One Way or Another - Blondie 
  46. Places to Go - Leftover Cuties 
  47. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - Kelly Clarkson 
  48. Use Somebody - Kings of Leon 
  49. Hazy Shade of Winter - The Bangles 
  50. Kerosene - Miranda Lambert 
  51. Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars
  52. Search And Destroy - Iggy Pop
  53. Wide Awake - Katy Perry 
  54. Good Life -OneRepublic 
  55. Too Close - Alex Clare 
  56. Spirit In the Sky - Norman Greenbaum 
  57. Sabotage - Beastie Boys 
  58. Gone Tomorrow - The Gossip 
  59. We Are Young (feat. Janelle MonĂ¡e) - Fun.
  60. Shake It Out - Florence + The Machine 
  61. Take Off Your Shirt -Bibio 
  62. Thinking 'Bout Somethin' -Hanson 
  63. Thinking- Ke$ha 
  64. Salute Your Solution-The Raconteurs 
  65. What Makes You Beautiful -One Direction 
  66. It's Time - Imagine Dragons  
So I've packed my iPhone and my iPod (as I have yet to decide which one I want to use), couple of pairs of tights, a tee, a long sleeve tee, my favorite hoody, two pairs of socks, my favorite hat, and of course my Brooks. I wish everyone running this weekend the best of luck and the best of times. If you are in the Tulsa area, I hope to see you at the race Sunday, cheering, volunteering, racing, living. We are going to have a blast. My geek-twin, my bestest neighbors, and all my runHers ladies will be hanging out with me this weekend.

And I run3rd this weekend for all those children who are going without during this holiday season. Times are tough for everyone, but every little bit helps. Donate what you can: money, goods, or time. All are appreciated. Every child deserves to have a happy holiday season. I can't think of any greater joy than giving joy to a child in need.

Peace, Love, and Getting my Kicks on Route 66

No comments:

Post a Comment